LINK to a page of images from the party.
Friday, December 26 at Snow King Resort in the Grand Room from 6pm (I forgot to change this to 6:30pm - sorry) until 11pm, dinner to start about 7:30pm.
Our M.C. will again be JPD Chief Dan Zivkovich.
Entertainment will be provided by Bart's Band.
Our Anonymous Benefactor has agreed to pay for the meals for all the military attendees again this year, while another donor has agreed to cover the bar for military as well. Admission for dinner/etc. for all others will be $37. per at the door and there will be a cash bar. (While I wish dinners of others such as local fire/police or government workers could be subsidized as well, I apologize that we cannot.) Children age 6-12 can get a reduced meal ticket of $21., while children 5 & under can be admitted free. It should be obvious, but there will be alcohol served at the event. We've never had any problems in previous years & I'm sure everyone will drink responsibly, it's that kind of crowd. If there is a problem, let me know as I will take the responsibilty to cut off anyone, if necessary.
(Please bring cash or check to the event as we don't have credit card
I hope to have several donations for comp tickets if you can't afford the buy-in for dinner but would like to attend. Please don't just show up in anticipation of getting one of these tickets, you will need to call me at 733.2173 or 690.6909 in advance.
The menu will include - 1. Carved roast prime rib au jus. 2. Roast turkey w/stuffing & country gravy. Cranberry sauce, glazed yams w/honey, allspice and marshmellows. Also: SK house salad, rolls, sauces, mashed potatoes w/butter & garlic, peach cobbler w/whipped cream, yuletide vegetables, coffee - decaf, tea, hot-spiced cider, non-alcoholic eggnog, assorted sodas.
This will not be a religious or political event, simply a social appreciation-holiday season party for military here in support of a local resident visiting his undisclosed location (rimshot). It is an opportunity for us to say "Thank You" to those who serve and share a holiday evening with them when many cannot be at their own homes with their families over the holidays. We are anticipating 100 or more military members and Secret Service to attend this year as well as several locals & their families, who served on active duty this past year. We hope you too (open to the public of JH & anywhere else that would like to come) will attend and visit with these soldiers & others. If anyone wishes to provide a gift for the event as a few will, we will again have a raffle that our military guests will participate in. (The Secret Service agents cannot accept gifts anyway, so all gifts will go to those visiting & local military members.) You can let me know in advance if you do have something to chip in & I'll be glad to stop by and pick it up from you. While a gift donation is appreciated, it's your attendance to visit with these military, that is most desired. Also, I will reluctantly accept (welcome) monetary donations. I am NOT a 501(c)3 or other charitable donation option with the IRS, so, the money will go into my personal account. From there I will either purchase a gift for the raffle or put the money to a comp ticket for local persons who can't afford the buy-in for the dinner but would like to attend the event. You will have to trust me for this if you make a monetary donation. Please call/email Walt Farmer at 307.733.2173 or Sandra Bockman at 307.733.3316 or 543.2135, or Kay Farmer at the Teton Co. Library (733.2164x249), to ask any questions about the event. While the event isn't publicized, it was well-attended last year and a great time was had by all. We're hoping for wider dissemination this year, so tell your friends, & you're encouraged to pass on the address of this webpage (www.theastrocowboy.com\MilXmas\08\Party.htm). (Note capital letters....)
I need an RSVP of your
attendance (with or without guests) at the dinner by no later than Dec.
25th, to advise Snow King of how many to plan for, and seating is limited to
about 300 including military. The party is set
for Dec. 26. (You only need contact Walt to RSVP
for the dinner. Last year, about 8 people made reservations but
didn't show up. I had to tell Snow King they were coming & pay for them
anyway. If you make a reservation but realize you or others in your party can't
come, I'd appreciate your professional courtesy to let me know in
advance.) Our thank you to anyone who donates or attends in our
recurring effort to not only say, but show, that we support our troops and in
particular - to our Anonymous
Benefactor who jump-started this wonderful event in 2004.
This will be our fifth and final year. Walt
Here's a LINK to the page describing last year's party, gift acknowledgments, hosts, etc. No one has requested any acknowledgment of donations they have made to this event. I place their names or links, etc., here, unless they've specifically asked not to be placed, as a minimum consideration of their generosity. They don't make the event (except No. 1), but they do help make it more special. They get no tax consideration either, these gifts are from their hearts, & I wish to thank them personally for participating. Perhaps you will as well.
GIFT ACKNOWLEDGMENTS for 2008
1. Dinner for military and Secret Service, and cost of the room, covered by Mr. & Mrs. Anonymous.
2. Dr. (LCDR) Richard Sugden, is covering the guest's bar tab.
3. Sheila Broome, cash donation in honor
of her father, Col Robert A. Smith, USA Signal Corps
4. Bart's Band - is Terry Bart, Ron Daveler, Alan Morton, Fred Ryan, and Joe Ryan.
5. Rick Hollingsworth and the Cowboy Bar gift shop, provide us with 3 dozen CB baseball caps.
6. Dick Scarlett and Wells Fargo Bank, provide us with a generous cash donation.
7. Dr. Brent Blue & Aeromedix, donated several gifts for the raffle.
8. Assorted souvenir items from SA Dale Pupillo & the USSS.
9. A gift from Don Perkins at Teton Aquatic Supply.
10. Tom Mangelsen donates a quantity of his image calendars for 2009.
11. Thanks, for a cash donation from William G. Kerr.
12. Dinner for two at The Cadillac Grille on the Town Square.
13. A cash donation from Terry Bart.
14. Steve and Sue Morriss contribute several gift certificates to Sports Authority & a specific gift item.
15. Two nights at Snow King Resort with breakfast.
16. Four beautiful gifts from Jim & Safaa Darwiche & their Touch of Class gift store.
17. Breakfast or lunch, for two, from the Bunnery.
18. Stetson Outdoor (exchangeable) hat from Jim Stone at Stone's Mercantile.
19. Dinner of two, courtesy the Wort Hotel.
20. Several gifts & a monetary contribution from a, Ms. Anonymous.
21. Gift cert for 2 meals at Sidewinders Tavern.
22. Gift certificate from Knobe's Radio Shack.
23. Several gift cards from someone at the JPD.
24. Bob Caesar for two personal gifts.
25. Gift certificates from Spring Creek Animal Hospital.
26. Harrison Ford for a very generous donation.
27. Dr. Chris Koch donates a gift certificate to the Merry Piglets restaurant.
28. Gift certificate from Shogun Sushi.
29. Gift certificate from Snake River Brewing Company.
30. Gift certificates from Teton Mountaineering.
Multiple & assorted gifts, meals, etc., courtesy persons above per their monetary conributions.
Whoever you are, whatever you chipped in...THANKS, wf
Here's a LINK to a quantity of photos from the 2007 event. Below are just a few from last year...
Images from this year's party will be posted ASAP after the event with the LINK provided here. Check back...