Here's the LINK to party info for 2007
Here's another LINK to the party in 2005
DEC. 24th, JUST IN, PICS FROM THE PARTY, CLICK HERE
Our M.C. will again be Jackson's Mayor Mark Barron. Entertainment will be provided by jazz artist & pianist Keith Phillips.
Our Anonymous Benefactor has agreed to pay for the meals for
all the military attendees again this year, while another donor has agreed to
cover the bar for military as well. Admission for dinner/etc. for all others
will be $35.50. per at the door and there will be a cash bar. (Snow King had to
up the per person cost this year, but we will honor the prior advertised cost
of $32. for those that RSVP'ed before 12/12/06.) (While I wish dinners of
others such as local fire/police or government workers could be subsidized as
well, I apologize that we cannot. Nor are we able to cover the costs of family
members accompanying the military person.) Children age 6-12 can get a
reduced meal ticket of $21., while children 5 & under can be admitted free.
(Please bring cash or check to the event as we don't have credit card
I hope to have several donations for comp tickets if you can't afford the buy-in for dinner but would like to attend. Call me at 733.2173 or 690.6909.
The menu will include - 1. Carved roast prime rib au jus. 2. Roast turkey w/stuffing & country gravy. Cranberry sauce, glazed yams w/honey, allspice and marshmellows. Also: SK house salad, rolls, sauces, mashed potatoes w/butter & garlic, peach cobbler & ice cream, yuletide vegetables, coffee - decaf, tea, hot-spiced cider, non-alcoholic eggnog, assorted sodas.
This will not be a religious or political event, simply a social appreciation holiday season party for military here in support of a local resident visiting his undisclosed location (rimshot). We are anticipating about 50 military members and Secret Service to attend this year. We hope you too will attend and visit with these soldiers & others. In the past with a much larger military contingent, we have solicited Christmas gifts for the military members. There will be many fewer this year & the emphasis this time will be on locals socializing with them at the holiday season. If any do wish to provide a gift as a few will, we will again have a raffle but on a smaller scale. No gifts this year are being formally solicited. You can let me know in advance if you do have something to chip in. Please call Walt Farmer at 307.733.2173 or Sandra Bockman at 307.733.3316 or 503.2135 to advise. While the event wasn't generally known to the public last year, it was well attended and a great time was had by all. We're hoping for wider dissemination this year, so tell your friends, & you're encouraged to pass on the address of this webpage (www.theastrocowboy.com\MilXmas\06\Party.htm).
I need an RSVP of your attendance (with or without
guests) at the dinner by no later than Dec. 21st, to advise Snow King of
how many to plan for, and seating is limited to about 300 including military.
(You only need contact Walt to RSVP for the dinner.) Our thank you to anyone
who donates or attends in our recurring effort to not only say, but show, that
we support our troops and in particular - to our Anonymous
Benefactor who jump-started this wonderful event in 2004. This
will be our third year of five anticipated. While a gift donation is
appreciated, it's your attendance to visit with these military, that is most
desired. Also, I will reluctantly accept monetary donations. I am
not a 501(C)3 or other charitable donation option with the IRS, so, the money
will go into my personal account. From there I will either purchase a
gift for the raffle or put the money to a comp ticket for local persons who
can't afford the buy-in for the dinner but would like to attend the
event. You will have to trust me for this if you make a monetary
donation. Walt Farmer
1. Dinner for military and Secret
Service, and the room covered by Mr. & Mrs. Anonymous
2. Dr. (LCDR) Richard Sugden and Harrison Ford, will cover the bar tab for military and Secret Service. (Cash bar for all others.)
3. Dr. Brent Blue and Aeromedix donates 3 Doug Ritter sporting knives & 22 carbide/ceramic knife sharpeners
4. Bill Paddleford makes a monetary contribution
5. Bryan Burns at Jackson Hole Aviation donates 2 JHA baseball caps, 4 crew-neck t'shirts, and two fleece pullovers.
6. Monetary contribution from Dick Scarlett and the Jackson State Bank
7. Shepard Humphries, aka the Windshield Doctor, donates 2 windshield repair certificates
8. Tim Harland w/the Snake River Brew Pub, donates 2 dinners w/unlimited bar & a cab ride home if necessary.
9. Monetary donation from Sheila Smith in Barnwell, SC in honor of her (deceased) father, Col Robert A. Smith, U.S.A. Signal Corps.
10. Western shirt & vest from Jackson Hole Hat Company
11. 3 dozen baseball caps from the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar.
12. Cash donation from Kay Farmer
13. Cash donation from Terry Bart
14. Cash donation from Don Alsted
15. Dinner for two (less alcohol and tip) from Jessica Vandenbroeke and the restaurant Q Roadhouse Barbeque
16. Mountain Stream Massage wishes to donate 2 - 1.5 hr. massages.
Military, Secret Service, locals, at the 2005 holiday dinner in Snow King's Grand Room.